Basic Account, Created on 28 December 2005 (#9124261), Last updated on 1 April 2009 [Gift]
We want to build a canon of books that under-gird our paradigmatic perspective. Canon being and agreed upon standard or criterion; a basis for judgment.
The activity is that everyone upon joining must present three books that contribute to the positive building of the Black psyche, contribute to knowledge of self, reconstruction of true Black history, or deconstruction of white supremacy and racist misinformation; and a brief description of its attributes. Then the other members shall vote up or down on the recommendation. All those voted into affirmatively will be listed here on this info page as part of the Canon.
1) You have to post in good faith. That is you have to post with the intent of staying in line with the focus of the community. Coming here to flame is prohibited.
2) Heated debate is perfectly fine, and I'm not going to play daddy; but attack the argument not the arguer. Yet, harassing and badgering are not allowed. If it reaches that extent you will be blocked
3) Use LJ-Cuts when warranted. Basically if it’s going to be more than 5 paragraphs, put a cut after probably the 3rd paragraphor 4th (you can use discretion). Also if you have a large pic, more than two pics, or one of questionable taste, put them under a cut. And for anything questionable you need to add a tag warning that it’s not work safe; which leads to the next rule:
4) No porn. If it’s something semi-pornographic that has a point, fine, but not gratuitous sexual images just for the hell of it.
5) No Cooning and no trolling